Research has been done to successful entrepreneurs from different parts of the world and the findings shown that almost all successful entrepreneurs have almost 30 common behaviors.
These behaviors are grouped into clusters as shown and described below:
ACHIEVEMENT CLUSTER BEHAVIORS.
Opportunity Seeking and Initiative
- A person that does things before being asked or forced to by events
- Takes action to extend the business into new areas, products or services.
- Seizes unusual opportunities to start a new business, obtain financing, equipment, land, work space or assistance.
- Takes action in the face of significant obstacles and challenges
- Takes persistent action, or switches to an alternative strategy to meet a challenge or to overcome an obstacle.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
Fulfilling Commitments Behaviors
- Makes a personal sacrifice and extraordinary effort to complete a job.
- Pitches in with employees, or takes their place if needed, to get a job done
- Strives to keep customers satisfied and places long-term good will above short-term gain.
Demand for Efficiency and Quality
- Finds ways to do things better, faster and cheaper
- Acts to do things that meet or exceed standards of excellence
- Develops and uses procedures to ensure that work is completed on time and that work meets agreed upon standard of quality.
Taking Calculated Risks
- Deliberately calculates risks and evaluates alternatives
- Takes action to reduce risks and/ or control outcomes
- Places oneself in situations involving a challenge or moderate risk.
PLANNING CLUSTER BEHAVIORS.
Goal Setting Behaviors
- Sets goal and objectives which are personally meaningful and challenging
- Articulates clear and specific long-term goals
- Sets measurable short-term objectives
- Personally seeks information from customers, suppliers and competitors
- Does personal research on how to provide a product or service
- Consult experts for business or technical advice.
Systematic Planning and Monitoring
- Plans by breaking large tasks down into sub-tasks with clear time-frames
- Revises plans in light of feedback on performance or changing circumstances
- Keeps financial records and use them to make decisions
POWER CLUSTER BEHAVIORS.
Persuasion and Networking
- Uses deliberate strategies to influence and persuade others’
- Uses key people as agents to achieve own objectives
- Takes action to develop and maintain a network of business contacts
Independence and Self-confidence
- Seeks autonomy from the rules and/ or control of others
- Attributes the causes of successes and failures to oneself and to one’s own conduct.
- Expresses confidence in own ability to complete a difficult task or to face a challenge.
Kama umependa makala hii weka maoni yako ya shukrani hapo chini au washirikishe marafiki zako wa kwenye Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Twitter na kwenye email au mitandao mingine ya kijamii. Wasiliana nasi kama unataka kuweka kwenye blogu au website yako kwa maelekezo zaidi
If you found this article helpful please leave the comment below or share to your friends in Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Twitter and in email or other social media. Contact us if you plan to list in your blog or website for further instructions.
Fomu ya Kiswahili