The following information assist policy maker to have in mind the basic elements needed to create a basic policy. However it must be remembered that policies are written to address specific issues, and therefore the structure and components of a policy may differ considerably according to the need.
A policy document may have many pages or a single page with just a few simple statements.
Note: All small policies with similar attributes must be merged into a large document as much as possible.
Basic Policy Elements
- Introduction: (A brief explanation of the institution profile and It should include vision, mission and core values of the institution)
- Purpose Statement: (Explain in brief what the the policy intend to achieve.)
- Definitions and acronyms: (define all keywords and or give long form of all abbreviations used)
- Procedures Information: (This is the main part of the policy that include main and subsections explaining what actions to be done by who, and how, and when etc)
- Policy Review: (When, who, how and what should be reviewed in the policy etc)
Kama umependa makala hii weka maoni yako ya shukrani hapo chini au washirikishe marafiki zako wa kwenye Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Twitter na kwenye email au mitandao mingine ya kijamii. Wasiliana nasi kama unataka kuweka kwenye blogu au website yako kwa maelekezo zaidi
If you found this article helpful please leave the comment below or share to your friends in Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Whatsapp, Twitter and in email or other social media. Contact us if you plan to list in your blog or website for further instructions.
Fomu ya Kiswahili